At Globys we engineer and deliver world-class, industry leading B2B portal solutions for the world’s largest telecom carriers, including T-Mobile, Vodafone, TELUS, CenturyLink and BT. We’ve leveraged our past success to extend our portal solution to span the entire customer journey (buy, manage, pay, analyze). Microsoft, Apple, Coca-Cola, Google, Wells Fargo, and US Navy are just a few of the 500,000+ business customers that rely on Globys’ solutions (via their carrier) to optimize the management of their mobile devices. Our Integrated B2B Portal Solution employs a unique approach by bringing together a carrier’s existing data systems to create an optimized portal experience designed and tailored specifically to the needs of the business user. We know the complexities of carriers and their end-user business customers, and are industry-leading experts at tackling them head-on to transform the digital experience for both.
Globys is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team! This individual will be responsible for leading and collaborating with a talented, highly agile Engineering team to plan, create, and deliver world class software to Globys’ global customers. If you are ready to leverage your vast array of technical skills to the task of taking Globys Engineering to the next level then we look forward to speaking with you!
As a Software Engineer at Globys, you will:
- Be a key technical leader accountable for successfully collaborating with Product Owners and other members of the engineering team on envisioning, architecting, planning, and delivering highly impactful, innovative features for Globys’ SaaS offerings.
- Analyze and define design requirements for the creation of new and/or modification of existing features, systems, and environments and collaborate with team members to determine project scope, effort, and timelines.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams in the development of new systems, tools, and services, as well as address design issues and maintenance of existing ones.
- Actively participate in all phases of software development (from concept to design to test to deploy to monitor to defect resolution).
- Ensure product is scaling and has high-performance design.
- Enable sharing of knowledge, teach other engineers and lead by example.
- Proactively minimize ‘grey’ areas among projects and members of the engineering team.
- Embrace the first principle of the agile manifesto: “Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.”
- Demonstrate an unwavering commitment to excellence.
- Exceptional technical skills with a proven track record of 5+ years of experience collaborating with high performing, agile teams in the delivery of complex, high quality, hardware/software solutions and services in a timely and cost-effective fashion.
- Strong analysis and problem solving, architecture, algorithm development, code implementation and debugging skills, as well as the ability to pragmatically and appropriately apply these skills to the task of architecture, designing, developing, and shipping software.
- Demonstrated track record of rapid ramp-up in new technical domains with a proven ability to lead teams in the research and development of innovative solutions to challenging technical problems utilizing the latest software technologies
- Strong knowledge of high performance, distributed systems, especially as relates to cloud technologies (e.g. vCloud, AWS, OpenStack, etc.) and data platforms
- Hands-on experience of public cloud computing (AWS, Azure, etc.), preferably with Microservice Architectures, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Strong database design principles. Knowledge within SQL Server or Oracle environments. Experience in other database systems such as Postgres, MySQL or MongoDB is a plus.
- Strong experience with one of the web frameworks such as React (preferred), Bootstrap, Backbone, Angular, and Vue.
- 3+ years of experience collaborating in high performance Agile teams with Scrum.
- Results-oriented with a mix of intelligence, integrity, broad technical knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which engenders trust of teammates; proven track record of influencing/driving technical direction/solutions with stakeholders from multiple, diverse teams.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, written communication skills, and the ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, in a small, fast-paced team environment where team members are required to multi-task across many domains.
- Passion for product quality, excellence in software engineering, and a strong customer focus which results in putting customer needs first.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical or scientific field, or equivalent industry experience.