Senior DevOps Engineer
At Globys we engineer and deliver world-class, industry leading B2B portal solutions for the world’s largest telecom carriers, including AT&T, T-Mobile, Vodafone, TELUS, CenturyLink and BT. We’ve leveraged our past success to extend our portal solution to span the entire customer journey (buy, manage, pay, analyze). Microsoft, Apple, Coca-Cola, Google, Wells Fargo, and US Navy are just a few of the 500,000+ business customers that rely on Globys’ solutions (via their carrier) to optimize the management of their mobile devices. Our Integrated B2B Portal Solution employs a unique approach by bringing together a carrier’s existing data systems to create an optimized portal experience designed and tailored specifically to the needs of the business user. We know the complexities of carriers and their end-user business customers, and are industry-leading experts at tackling them head-on to transform the digital experience for both.
Globys is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented Senior DevOps Engineer to help support our newest cloud offerings, automate workflows, and drive developer productivity and operational excellence to new heights. The ideal candidate will have a passion for learning and mastering new technology and understands what it takes to onboard and maintain systems in a highly available environment. In this highly visible position, you will undertake a wide range of responsibilities as well as advise and implement the overall strategy for our company-wide DevOps organization.
If you describe yourself as a seasoned DevOps Engineer who has a vision for the future, is obsessed with efficiency, are passionate about running a lab machine environment from A to Z, and collaborates well with product engineering teams to design and implement robust and scalable systems, then we would like to hear from you!
- Design and manage the platforms for configuration, building, deploying, and testing.
- Maintain, improve, and organize a highly complex development workflow with many moving pieces.
- Support functioning of cloud, on-premise, and hybrid systems.
- Develop tools for efficient deployment and debugging of software on all used platforms.
- Automate processes to increase efficiency wherever possible.
- Recommend and maintain technical design methodologies, processes, and standards.
- Develop processes for effective monitoring of build systems, deployment status, and reporting of automated test cycle results.
- Collaborate with vendor and infrastructure, engineering teams for security and service availability
- Serve as a leader, coach/mentor, and advocate for automation across the organization through mentorship and tutorials.
- Proven experience working with Kubernetes and proficiency in container ecosystems.
- Proficiency in technologies such as Rancher (or other bare-metal or on-premises Kubernetes orchestration tools), Git, Helm, Vault, Prometheus, Grafana, Elasticsearch, and Redis.
- Strong understanding and application of CI/CD concepts with significant hands-on experience developing automated workflows for development, deployment, and testing.
- Experience developing CI/CD pipelines that are capable of handling multiple software products, configurations, and versions is a major plus.
- In-depth knowledge of both Linux and Windows Server operating systems.
- Understanding of secure software development and system architecture methodologies.
- Understanding or experience in designing and implementing full stack infrastructure.
- An understanding of core networking concepts related to Kubernetes, container-based ecosystems, network security, and load balancing, F5 experience a plus.
- Experience with Windows-based containers and related concepts is a plus.
- Strong understanding of at least one public cloud platform – preferably Microsoft Azure.
- Proven knowledge and operational track record for a good number of these or equivalent technologies:
- PowerShell, Java, Python, Perl, Bash, Ansible, and Terraform. Nice to have but not necessary, C#.
- GitLab CI, etc.
- VMWare, Azure, AWS, etc.
- MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc.
- LDAP, SAML, TCP/IP, SSL, DNS, HTTP.
- Experience working in a 24/7 production environment with teams distributed globally is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to foster effective collaboration across multiple technical teams and business stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced development environment in an independent manner with strong self-direction and initiative, as well as within a team structure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and customer-centric attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related technical or scientific field, or equivalent industry experience.