Senior Automation Engineer
At Globys we engineer and deliver world-class, industry leading B2B portal solutions for the world’s largest telecom carriers, including T-Mobile, Vodafone, TELUS, CenturyLink and BT. We’ve leveraged our past success to extend our portal solution to span the entire customer journey (buy, manage, pay, analyze). Microsoft, Apple, Coca-Cola, Google, Wells Fargo, and US Navy are just a few of the 500,000+ business customers that rely on Globys’ solutions (via their carrier) to optimize the management of their mobile devices. Our Integrated B2B Portal Solution employs a unique approach by bringing together a carrier’s existing data systems to create an optimized portal experience designed and tailored specifically to the needs of the business user. We know the complexities of carriers and their end-user business customers, and are industry-leading experts at tackling them head-on to transform the digital experience for both.
Globys is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented Senior Automation Engineer to join our growing Engineering team! This individual will be responsible for collaborating with a talented, highly agile Engineering team to plan, create, and deliver software responsible for end-to-end automation testing for the Globys platform. If you are ready to leverage your vast array of technical skills to the task of taking Globys Engineering to the next level then we look forward to speaking with you!
- Create, document, maintain, extend and execute automation test coverage in close collaboration with team members and stakeholders.
- Lead the QA effort to write and execute clear and concise test plans, test cases, test scripts, and defect reports for product and system verification.
- Review functional, design specification documents, for testability and lead discussions on feedback; highlighting and implementing design consideration that will make a feature easier to test while expanding test coverage thru automation.
- Lead and execute functional testing, security and access validation, regression testing, installation testing, test data definition, full-stack testing and environment maintenance.
- Collaborate with team members to analyze test results, locate problems and identify root causes, managing test efforts and schedule for assigned features/projects.
- Develop a comprehensive test strategy and test implementation plan by utilizing test frameworks/harnesses to facilitate rapid test creation and execution.
- Lead team members in the integration of existing test automation frameworks/test scripts into CI/CD pipelines for assigned projects.
- Serve as a leader, coach/mentor, and advocate for automation and assist other QA team members through mentorship, tutorials, and writing test scripts to streamline and accelerate manual testing efforts.
- Work as part of the team to develop processes for effective monitoring and reporting of automation test cycle results.
- Lead internal project and customer-facing activities during User Acceptance Testing phase.
- Support Globys customers in the production environment, including verification of deployed fixes.
- 7+ years of industry experience designing, developing, and utilizing complex test automation software to verify functional correctness, system performance, scalability, etc. resulting in high quality production quality software products and/or services.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with technical analysis, design, and development involving distributed systems, databases, storage, high performance data structures and algorithms, and a strong ability to apply them towards solving complex, challenging problems
- 5+ years of experience with MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres/PostgreSQL, and/or MongoDB; strong proficiency to write complex queries, effectively utilize profilers, and create/modify stored procedures
- 5+ years of experience analyzing performance and scalability for distributed services
- 3+ years of experience collaborating in high performance Agile teams with Scrum and/or Kanban
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced development environment in an independent manner with strong self-direction and initiative, as well as within a team structure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and customer-centric attitude
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, proactive self-starter with a passion for delivering high quality software in a high-performance team environment
- Demonstrated ability to foster effective collaboration across multiple technical teams and business stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related technical or scientific field, or equivalent industry experience