At Globys, we develop a cloud-based billing portal platform that enables business customers of all sizes to self-serve and securely transact with their providers. Our platform is used by companies around the world, including T-Mobile, Vodafone, and Telstra, to deliver exceptional portal experiences to their customers while significantly reducing costly manual processes. Our patented technology processes massive amounts of data and provides end users with a unified and personalized view of their accounts and services. This is an opportunity to work with large scale data systems and visualizations to solve real-world business problems for some of the world’s largest and most innovative companies.
We are looking for a self-starter Database Administrator to join our Melbourne office. Our ideal candidate has a strong background in SQL Server and experience maintaining and administering very-large databases (VLDB’s) in a production setting.
As a Globys DBA, you’ll:
- Be responsible for administering production databases in SQL Server spanning up to terabytes in size—including ensuring availability, performance, recoverability and security of the data.
- Manage the frequent incoming data feeds that populate these databases via a custom ETL process.
- Provide high quality (tier-two) Production support for our clients and internal project teams.
- Deploy releases and apply patches to the production environment.
- Be an important part of a small-but-dedicated team of data experts.
- Participate in an on-call rotation with several other DBAs.
- Develop solutions for high quality monitoring and the above duties.
- 3+ years’ experience with SQL Server overall (some being 2016 or newer)
- 3+ years’ experience maintaining and administering databases in a production setting
- A self-starting attitude and a strong desire to continuously learn
- A strong understanding of T-SQL and query tuning experience
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities
Nice to Have:
- PowerShell scripting experience
- SQL Server BI (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS) experience
- Windows Server (2016 ideally) administration experience