At Globys, we transform complex telecom operations into a seamless, cloud-based portal experience for carriers and their enterprise customers. The Globys B2B Portal Solution employs a unique approach by integrating the buy, manage, and pay workflows into a single customer experience. As opposed to other portal offerings, which simply integrate the core components via SSO and navigation, the Globys solution allows users to initiate actions directly from the context of the experience. This integrated approach creates new value for both the CSP and customer by automating once manual and costly tasks associated with the business customer lifecycle. Our platform is used by many of the world’s largest telecommunications brands such as T-Mobile, Telstra, TELUS, and Vodafone.
We are seeking an experienced, technical-oriented Account Director to drive use and adoption of our product in support of increased revenue goals and customer success within several named accounts.
As an Account Director, you will participate in all phases of a client’s lifecycle – from pre-sales, to software implementations, to continued adoption/revenue growth. You will be directly responsible for a portfolio of our top Telco clients including professional services engagements, upsell opportunities and assisting with new client sales at times. The primary goal is building successful client relationships and delivering key value to our customers.
You will be an effective leader with a proven track record of growing Telecom and/or SaaS clients. You will rely on a highly customer-focused attitude, technical knowledge, and proven record of successfully managing multiple client relationships to ensure long-term client satisfaction and revenue growth. Demonstrated experience in managing and growing large, complex accounts is a must.
This role is home based out of the UK, with frequent travel (30% – 40%) to European and Middle Eastern (Gulf) countries.
As Account Director you can expect to:
- Manage and grow relationships with top clients in EMEA.
- Work with clients to identify their needs.
- Collaborate with Globys teams – based Amsterdam, Dubai and Seattle – to oversee the delivery of successful solutions.
- Work with the management and technical level of major enterprise clients, this includes ensuring engagement projects are proceeding to plan and driving clients through the procurement and contract processes.
- Work in a team environment to meet revenue goals while maintaining account wellness.
- Help to identify new opportunities for the company’s offerings and be part of the team that closes those opportunities, turning leads into opportunities into sales. This includes being able to give demos to existing and prospective clients.
- Assist the company’s management/sales team in acquiring new-logo customers. It is good to note that we have a separate team for the acquisition of new logo accounts. Whilst helping is great, we expect the Account Director in this role to focus on customer satisfaction and customer growth within the named accounts.
- Willingness to manage tasks across time zones and travel internationally.
Our Ideal Account Director will have:
- 7+ years relevant technical Account Management experience.
- Proven experience managing a portfolio of telecommunication clients for a major vendor; preferably as an account director for a large, complex account or accounts.
- Proven ability to understand and navigate a large, complex organization and build strong, high-quality relationships at multiple levels, within multiple functional areas (IT, marketing, sales, etc).
- Demonstrated experience and success selling software-based solutions to a technical audience. Candidates must be passionate about the benefits of “software as a service” and be able to use solution selling skills in securing deals.
- We have a strong preference for someone who has prior knowledge of what our Telco customers do. You understand the basic elements and building blocks of a SaaS or related technology solution with experience understanding BSS/OSS systems in telecom is required.
- Clear and confident communications skills are required for telephone, written and face-to-face settings.
- Candidate is fluent in English. Knowing a second language like Arabic or another European language is a definite plus.
- We are looking for a self-starting individual who can build relationships, and drive sales /business. development independently. However, you won’t be working alone as you will be supported by a support team, including solutions architecture and project management.